This post may contain affiliate links. Should you make a purchase by clicking on any of the links, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Read our full affiliate disclosure here.
After two rounds of our own recreational indoor grow here in Southern California, I think it’s safe for us to provide you with a basic list of tools to begin your very own grow. Yes, this is highly opinionated list but it’s our hope you consider these suggestions as part of your own Cannabis grow.
Our previous checklist was more of a philosophical gut check, if you will. However, in this round, this list is more so a recommendation of the tools you’ll need to get your lab up and running. Do note, we offer this list in grow phases but if you feel that you’ve got budget and space for everything from the start, go for it.
Good luck, enjoy and feel free to drop in your opinion in the comments section below!
Your basic list starts here. Tent, lighting, thermometer, soil, etc.
- VIVOSUN 48″x24″x60″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- VIVOSUN Air Filtration Kit: 4 Inch 203 CFM Inline Fan
- VIVOSUN 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum
- VIVOSUN 5-Pack 2 Gallon Grow Bags
- Miracle-Gro Seed Starting Potting Mix, 8-Quart
- Miracle-Gro Performance Organics All Purpose Plant Nutrition Granules, 2.5 lb.
- AcuRite 00613 Digital Hygrometer & Indoor Thermometer Pre-Calibrated Humidity Gauge
- Genesis 6-Inch Clip Convertible Table-Top & Clip Fan Two Quiet Speeds
- Atree Soil pH Meter, 3-in-1 Soil Tester Kits with Moisture,Light and PH Test (No Battery Needed)
- Kasa Smart Plug by TP-Link, Smart Home WiFi Outlet
This part is negotiable and also optional. If you want to automate you watering tasks, consider these tools. Again, you could bring these items in at the start of your project, but if you feel that you’ve been hit with too much upfront cost, then consider these tools from this stage, onward.
Hopefully, you’re at a point where your plants are ridiculously out of control. That said, it’s time to do some maintenance work and address any trivial pest problems.
- VIVOSUN 2-Pack Gardening Pruning Shear
- Terro T2503-3 Fruit Fly Trap
- Bonide (BND022 – Ready to Use Neem Oil, Insect Pesticide for Organic Gardening (32 oz.) – 2 Pack
It’s almost time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. But before you do, ensure you’ve got these items in your back pocket for drying.